Hello and welcome to my Fanatec CSL Elite + Wheelbase Review. If you are a first-time reader welcome and I hope you enjoy the website. I have been involved in sim racing for over 30 years and have played racing games from the Commodore 64 days right through to modern day titles (yes I am old). Without further ado, let’s get on with the review.
Users of Sony PS4 systems have been neglected for some time when it comes to supporting for Fanatec Wheelbases until now. With the newly released Fanatec CSL Elite+ Wheelbase comparability with Sony PS4 Consoles can be achieved which will give users much more choice when it comes to choosing their sim racing peripherals with Logitech and Thrustmaster being their only choice when it comes to sim racing products.
Fanatec CSL Elite +Wheelbase At A Glance
Good: Proven Clubsport technology, PS4 compatibility
Not So Good: PS4 License increases the price of the Elite+ wheelbase
Overall Take: With PS4 compatability the CSL Elite becomes a new option for PS4 users
See how the Fanatec CSL Elite compares to others
Features Of The Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase
- 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the tuning menu of the attached steering wheel
- Integrated rev light bar in the wheelbase
- Table clamp included. The thickness range of the table board/desktop that the table clamp is able to lock to is 1,0 to 6,0 cm
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Quick Release system to allow for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, also during gameplay
The way the wheel has been designed creates minimal friction and ultra-low cogging for an impressive away of force feedback. You can also fine-tune the behavior of the wheel and save up to five setups
The DirectSensor is mounted directly on the steering axis to keep the steering input precise. This helps to eliminate any outside influence or disturbance on the belt drive system.
The Fanatec CSL Elite+ Wheelbase is a welcome addition for Ps4 users who have been waiting for an eternity for a Fanatec wheel.
For more information, you can visit the Fanatec website.
I hope you enjoyed the review. See you out on the track!!