One of the best things about iRacing apart from the sim itself. Is it's ability to run on older hardware without too many issues.
What will stress out many computer systems though is if you want to run triple screen setups or especially VR. The best computer for iRacing 2019 will certainly be able to run VR and triple screen setups for not only iRacing but any other racing sim you wish to play.
High End Gaming Systems
These high end gaming systems will be able to run iRacing for triple screen setups and VR. These machines are also capable of running any other racing sim that you enjoy.
HP Omen Gaming PC
Skytech Gaming PC
- Hyper-realistic Graphics: nvidia(r) geforce(r) RTX 2080 Ti (11 GB GDDR6 dedicated memory). enjoy new levels of gaming realism, speed, power efficiency and immersion with real-time ray-tracing technologies
- Cutting-edge gaming performance: geared with the latest hardware and easy to upgrade, so you can crush the latest and most demanding games including Fortnight, PUBG, and Overwatch
- Lightning Fast Processor: 9th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-9700k Processor, 8-Core, Liquid Cooling, 3.60 GHz
Full reviews are available from Amazon
- ✔ Intel i7 9700K 8-Core 3.6 GHz (Max Boost 4.90GHz) Processor | 500GB SSD w/ 3D NAND | Z390 Motherboard
- ✔ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Video Card (Brand May Varies) | 16GB DDR4 2400 Gaming Memory
- ✔ VR and 4K Ready | High Quality Tempered Glass | 120mm AIO Special Liquid/Water Cooling Assembled by SkyTech PC | Power by 80 Plus Certified 700 Watt Power Supply
- ✔ 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support
Full review can be found on Amazon
- Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K Eight Core Processor (16MB Cache, 3.6GHz-5.0GHz) 95W with Liquid Cooling
- Hard Drive: 1TB NVMe Solid State Drive + 2TB 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz
- Case: Corsair Carbide 275R (White) with RGB LED Lighting | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 | Motherboard: Z390
- Power Supply: 750W Gold PSU | Note: No Optical Drive Included
Full review available on Amazon
Medium Spec Gaming Systems
These mid-spec gaming pcs for iRacing should be able to run iRacing in triple screen and VR but you may need to compromise with settings. These might not be the best computer for iRacing 2019 but still pack a powerful punch.
iBUYPOWER Gamin PC
ZOTAC Gaming PC
CUK Continuum Gamer PC
- System: Intel Core i7-8700K Six-Core Processor 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Max Turbo) | Intel Z370 Chipset | 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM | 1TB HDD | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card | VR Ready | Display Connectors: HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3.1 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel
- Special Add-Ons: Liquid Cooling | 802.11AC Wi-Fi | Tempered Side Glass | 16 Color RGB Lighting Remote Controlled Case |
Full review can be found on Amazon
- ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
- Intel Core i5-9400f (6-Core 2.9 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz Processor)
- Game ready, VR Ready, 4K ready, real-time ray-tracing ready, dlss AI enhanced gaming ready
Full review on Amazon
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core Processor (16MB Cache, 3.2GHz-4.1GHz) 65W
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz | Hard Drive: 500GB Solid State Drive
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | Motherboard: A320M Motherboard
Full Review On Amazon
Budget Gaming PC's
The budget gaming pc's maybe not the best iRacing computer 2019 but will still be able to handle triple screen and potentially VR but at lower settings.
HP Pavillion Power PC
Skytech Blaze II
SkyTech Shadow II
- Intel Core i5-7400 (3.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB SmartCache, 4 cores), 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Descrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB dedicated graphics, Latest gaming technologies, VR ready, Maximum Digitial Resolution: 7680x4320@60Hz, Standard display connectors: DP 1.43, HDMI 2.0b, Dual Link-DVI)
Full review on Amazon
- Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) CPU Processor | 500G SSD – Up to 30x Faster Than Traditional HDD | A320M Motherboard
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 Video Card | 8 GB Gaming Memory DDR4 3000 with Heat Spreader | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Full review on Amazon
- ✔ AMD RYZEN 5 1400 4-Core 3.2 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) | 1 TB 7200RPM Hard Drive | A320 Micro-ATX Motherboard
- ✔ 16GB Gaming Memory DDR4 2400 MHz with Heat Spreader (Not Generic Memory) | Windows 10 Home
- ✔ GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | 1 x DL-DVI, 1 x Display Port 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0b | 5 x USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0
Full review on Amazon
There You Have It
Thanks for reading my article on the best computer for iRacing 2019. As mentioned iRacing is excellent when it comes to system requirements and allows you to tailor a PC to meet your budget. Due to iRacing not needing big system requirements means a modest PC is quite capable of playing the game at high detail levels.
Bear in mind though that as iRacing gets more complicated especially now with day/night transitions and weather effects coming in the near future system requirements will require more capable PCs.
I am looking to get into iRacing. I have a PC circa 2013 with a 2 core intel processor and an Intel HD graphics card. Windows 10 O/S and plenty of storage.
Knowing that I couldn’t do triple screen or anything super high end, but rather just try the game out, can I get a decent game experience with that setup or am I wasting my time if I don’t at least get into the budget end of your recommendations?
Thank you for your insightful article. I’m looking to get into iRacing but the only PC I have on hand is a circa-2013 Dell with a 2 core Intel processor and an Intel HD Graphic Card, 4GB RAM
If I am just running single screen at 60 fps, can I get on that PC by while trying out iRacing, or should I just bite the bullet and go with a budget model described in your post?
My gut feel is the Intel Graphics wouldn’t be able to handle it even though iRacing isn’t overly hard on requirements. If your into any sort of gaming a good budget PC would be the way to go. You could always give it a try and see how iRacing goes on your old hardware and see if you like it first.
Hey budget pc for iracing how much would it cost please
You are looking at around the 750 mark
I want to get the skytech 2 or Shadow 2 but I’m afraid it won’t run iRacing as I would like it to. I don’t mind sacrificing some gameplay settings to race but I don’t want to race on an empty field with a white wall around me either. For a budget iRacer….are they worth it? Silly question, but I need some reassurance before I make a purchase.
I feel the skytech 2 would be a good choice. To give you an idea I have a gtx 980 in my rig and can run triple 1080p screens. The 1660 in the skytech is very comparable to a 980.
Hi. Can you help me out. I would like to purchase a Nascar? racing game (the one Dale Earnhart and Denny Hamlin use in sim racing on TV). How do I go about doing that? I’d rather buy from a store than download it. Thanks in advance. I’ll now check out the Skytech Blaze !! at Amazon.
The game that they use is iRacing. You can’t buy it from a physical store. You need to either purchase it through steam and download it or go to iRacing.com to sign up and download it. Unlike other games, it’s done by subscription.
I am looking at the Predator Orion 3000 i7-9700/16GB/1TB SSD Desktop for iRacing. Would this setup work?
Greatly appreciate any help.
If it’s the model with the GTX 1650 it wwill run fine.
Thank you for your quick response.
Yes I think it is. As far as I can see it has all required memory etc
Yes, that’s one. It will run well.
Please help I think I made a mistake on the gaming tower the newer version is only 30$ more and has a better CPU should I return for a refund and get the new version? Is the new version better?
The difference between the two would be un-noticable in my opinion. Will be more than enough to run iRacing.
Hello there. Looking to start up iracing. Was looking at some alien ware pc. Would any of thes models run good with iracing
They all would do fine, but they are quite expensive.
Look for some advice on a PC for iracing. Not Looking to spend a lot on this as it will be for fun in spare time. By No means am i a hard core gamer. I would just like to be able to run dirt car races and NASCAR tracks. I need to make sure it keeps up as i may choose to enter into Invitational races which are lager scale in car count and graphics Thanks
I would suggest any pc with a Nvidia 20 series card would do the trick and intel CPU will be able to handle NASCAR and dirt. My system is around 6 years old and can handle 1080 triple screens.
Looking to build an iRacing computer built for 3 monitors and and a GPU capable of running Graphics Shaders for Dirt Track racing. Any suggestions on which Graphics Card would work best please? Thanks!
Hi mate, I would be looking at the Nvidia 20 series gpus
Would a Nvidia GTX 1660Ti do well?
It will but the 20 series would be better long term. The 30 series from Nvidia is on the horizon which should lead to some good deals on 20 series parts. I currently run a gtx980 and can run triple screens on the road side with some settings turned down.
Will this work for IRacing?Lenovo® IdeaCentre 720 Desktop PC, AMD Ryzen, Radeon® RX 560, 16GB Memory, 128GB SSD/2TB Hard Drive, Windows® 10 enabledYesGraphics TypeDedicatedmaximum memory capacity32 GBMaximum Turbo Speed4.1 GHzmemory16 GBmemory card readerYesmemory typeDDR4 SDRAM
I have an HP laptop that WE DOWNLOAD iracing with the help of customer support, when racing I seemlying have terrible control of the car an competitors blink in and out what type of upgrades do I need to be more competitive. once was a darn good dirt racer but this sucks
Hi I just recently ordered the HP gaming tower you have linked here, but I just noticed they have a newer version, would this one still be better? Or should I send it back for a refund for the newer version????