iRacing triple screen setup within windows using Nvidia Surround need not be a hard task. By following this guide you will be able to set up your triple screens using Nvidia Surround and be able to extend your screen to an extra monitor if you have one for streaming, chat, etc.
Setting Up Triple Screens In Windows
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel (right-click on the Nvidia Icon in the task tray and select control panel)
- Under 3D, Select configure SLI, Physx, Surround to open the page
- Select span displays with surround to start the wizard
- The display status information box should display with your connected screens
- Click apply if everything looks correct
- When the arrange display box displays make sure landscape is selected from the drop-down box
- Click the Identify button to determine the number order of the displays
- You should see numbers appear on all three screens as shown below. Note that you will need to make sure they are numbered the same as the image so they work correctly
- Note that once completed you will end up with one display so that 3 1080p monitors will show as a single monitor of 5760 x 1080
iRacing Triple Screen Setup With Nvidia Surround
Once you have gone through the setup above with the Nvidia Control Panel load up iRacing and go into the iRacing graphics settings.
To enable the triple screen setup in iRacing to make the following changes.
- Change resolution to the one that matches your new screen setting in the case of triple 1080p select 5760 x 1080
- Change the number of screens to 3
- I use Multi-Projection as it seems to work better than not enabling it
- SMP I have heard increases frame rate but I only run a 980GTX and its not a feature of the 9 series cards
- To get the right FOV to fill out the monitor settings on the right-hand side
- You will need to click done once finished and quit out of iRacing and reload
- Sit back and enjoy the thrill of triple screen racing
I hope you like this guide. If you have any questions please leave a comment below. Mor information on Nvidia Surround can be found at Nvidia.